Texarkana USA: A thriving center for business, education and culture that attracts–and serves–us all.
Citizens committed to Working Smart for Excellence, Educational and Cultural Riches, Community Pride, Economic, Social and Personal Well-Being. One-of-a-Kind, Twice as Nice, and Second to None.
Speaking of Second to None…
Speaking of Second to None… Did you know….Pleasant Grove ISD Placed 7th in State UIL
The UIL Lone Star Cup is awarded annually to six high schools, one in each of the six UIL classifications (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A), based on their team performance in district and state championships. Honoring the best overall athletic and academic programs in Texas, the UIL Lone Star Cup is Open to all UIL participant high schools. Standings include: State and Area Marching Band, Tennis, Team Tennis, Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Swimming & Diving, Wrestling, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Soccer, Golf, Track & Field, Academics, One Act Play, Softball, Baseball.
“I’m extremely proud to say that during my four years at PG, we’ve had record high finishes in both points and standings,” said Josh Gibson, Pleasant Grove Athletic Director. There are approximately 200 teams that participate at the 4A level.
- In 2014-15 PG finished 6th in the state, top 3%, higher than any other school in East Texas at the 1A-6A level.
- In 2015-16 PG finished 4th in the state, top 2%, higher than any other school in East Texas at the 1A-6A level.
- In 2016-17 PG finished 9th in the state, still higher than any other school in East Texas from the 1A-6A level.
- In 2017-18 PG finished 7th in the state.
- Three of the past four years, 100% of PG’s girls and boys athletic teams have advanced to the playoffs.
Way to go, Pleasant Grove ISD!