Kick off the new year with steps to make 2019 your best ever!
1. Laugh – it’s a proven link to good health!
TRAHC presents Comedienne Jeanne Robertson
Saturday, Jan. 12, 7:30 p.m. in the beautiful historic Perot Theatre. Six-Foot-Two and Full of HUMOR! At 71 years young, Jeanne Robertson charms audiences of all ages with her humorous observations about life around her. Robertson’s infectious personality, heart, sense of humor and witty depictions of everyday situations keep audiences rolling with laughter. Buy tickets at trahc.org
2. Get moving! Feel your best – physically and mentally!
Just a few of the many options –
- Legends Gym
- Christus St. Michael
- The Sportsplex by Healthcare Express
- Texarkana College community classes including Classic Yoga plus mindfulness
- Yin to Yang with Amber at Texarkana Yoga beginning Jan. 9
- Check out ALL the private businesses offering activities
- OR MAKE IT FREE:
Walk or bike the trails – Dance – check out the offerings at our wonderful local parks!
3. Pump up your brain potential: Learn something new!
- Guitar, Piano, and Voice Lessons at UAHT. Classes begin January 9. Credit or non-credit courses. For nine year olds and up. Private lessons with instructor for fifty minutes once per week. Guitar students must provide their own guitar. Spring classes begin January 9, 2019. For more information, contact Phyllis Stroughter at 870-722-8270 or Phyllis.email@example.com.
- Metalsmithing with Jerome Le Grand. Tuesdays from 6-9 PM. Presented by TRAHC. LeGrand & Sons Welding and Iron, 612 S Lelia Ave, Texarkana, TX 75501. For any skill level! Create art from scrap as Jerome LeGrand guides you through the basics of metalsmithing. Must be 18+ to attend.
- Mosaics with Shelia Keever. Tuesdays, January 8-February 5 at 6 p.m. Presented by Texarkana Regional Arts & Humanities Council, Inc., 321 West Fourth Street, Texarkana, Texas 75501.
4. Get your life back in balance – Make time for fun with friends and family!
- Mad Hatting in Wonderland. Saturday, Jan. 12 from 2-3 p.m. Make a fun and funky hat that will brighten your New Year.
- Musical Highlights Bus Tour. Saturday, Jan. 12 from 1-5 p.m. Presented by the Texarkana Museums System. Enjoy a narrated bus ride through some of the honky tonkin’, jazz playin’ and boogie woogien’ highlights that our fine little town has produced. Register online or call 903-793-4831 for more information.
5. Broaden your horizons and perspectives – Look at the world through someone else’s eyes.
- Last chance to enjoy the current exhibits at the Regional Arts Center, Until January 12. Open Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Presented by TRAHC. Current exhibits include: Allen Phillips: Liquid Soul – featuring the largest photo in Texas; Charlie Cook originals; Arkansas Young Artists including winners from Texarkana.
- Stop by the 1894 Gallery Saturday, Jan. 12 for Second Saturday Trade Days.
Take responsibility for your community’s best future…
6. Step up and lead the way in Making Texarkana Twice as Beautiful
Check out some beautiful Texarkana locations we’ve featured!
7. Get involved!
Be inspired by the Texarkanians you see stepping up to make a difference.
8. Celebrate Texarkana’s superlatives
Check out our latest Did You Knows!
9. Share what’s to love at goTXK.org
- Tell your friends to sign up for the What’s to Love TXK newsletter
- Tag your social posts about the best in Txk with #goTXK (and see everybody else’s at gotxk.org!)
- Snag your own goTXK t-shirt in our online store!
10. Plan ahead!
Mark your calendars for Leadercast 2019 on Friday, May 10, 2019. Join hundreds of fellow Texarkanians at TC’s Truman Arnold Center for a simulcast event to learn from an outstanding line-up of speakers!
- Tripp Crosby, Comedian and Filmmaker
- Gayle King, Co-Host of CBS This Morning and Editor-at-Large of O, the Oprah Magazine
- Andy Stanley, Leadership Author and Communicator
- Patrick Lencioni, Founder of The Table Group
- Ginger Hardage, Former Senior VP of Culture and Communications for Southwest Airlines
- Dr. Caroline Leaf, Communication Pathologist and Cognitive Neuroscientist
- Craig Springer, Executive Director of AlphaUSA
- Marcus Samuelsson, Award-Winning Chef, Restaurateur, Author and TV Personality
- Carla Harris, Vice Chairman and Managing DIrector, Morgan Stanley
- Juliet Funt, CEO, WhiteSpace at Work