Top 10 Things to Do in Texarkana Feb. 25-March 3, 2019
1. Mardi Gras Downtown
Front Street Festival Plaza. Activities and vendors from 9 a.m. (beginning at City Market) – 5 p.m.; parades for all ages (and pets) – 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and the big one at 3 p.m.
Activities include bounce houses, mask making, face painting, cornhole/washers/horseshoes, crafts, and food vendors. Zydeco Music on the 1894 Stage – Bayou Boogie and DJ Godfather from 3-5 p.m. Plus Beast Feast competition cookoff and fundraiser for Harvest Texarkana.
2. Revolution Barrel Racing
Saturday, March 2, 8 a.m. & Sunday, March 3, 9 p.m.
Four State Fair Entertainment Center. Learn more.
3. Texarkana Symphony Orchestra Presents The Four Seasons
Saturday, March 2
7:30 p.m., Perot Theatre. TSO’s four concertmasters–Laskarov, Staskevicius, Santelices and Norwood–conduct the timeless masterpieces by Vivaldi and Tchaikovsky, plus tango infused music by Astor Piazzolla. Tickets: 903.792.4992. Learn more.
And don’t miss…
4. Wednesday. Feb. 27
Black History Month Celebration and Lunch by Off the Fire
11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Texarkana College. Interactive historical timeline, entertainment by the Scholars Drumline, Featured speaker Derrick McGary and Special Guest Dr. Joycelyn Elders… Tickets at TC Admin Bldg $10 adult/$5 students. Learn more.
5. Wednesday, Feb. 27
Rules of Renovation
12 p.m. & 6 p.m., Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana. Free admission; must register in advance. Hilary Farr’s team of experts (from HGTV’s Love It or List It) will be presenting Hilary’s Rules of Renovation strategies in Texarkana. Learn more.
6. Wednesday, Feb. 27
TISD presents the American Shakespeare Center production of Antigone
7:30 p.m., Sullivan Center. With a mission of recovering the joys and accessibility of Shakespeare’s theatre, language and humanity, the performance is free but tickets required. firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Thursday, Feb. 28
Me…Jane: The Dreams and Adventures of Young Jane Goodall
Perot Theatre at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Before Dr. Jane Goodall was a humanitarian, conservationist, and animal activist, she was a girl with a special toy chimpanzee named Jubilee, and dreamed of spending her life living with and helping animals. Ideal for ages 6-12 – and all ages. Learn more.
8. Cheer on your teams this week!
Texas A&M Softball & Baseball
– Softball vs. Central Baptist College, Tuesday, Feb. 26, 3 p.m., Bramlett Field, Spring Lake Park
– Baseball vs. Jarvis Christian College, Friday, March 1 at 6 p.m. & Saturday, March 2 at noon, George Dobson Field, Spring Lake Park
High School Softball
– 2/26 – Arkansas High vs. Nashville, 5 p.m.
– 2/26 – Pleasant Grove vs. Rains, 6 p.m.
High School Baseball
– 2/26 – Arkansas High vs. New Boston 5 p.m.
– 2/26 – Pleasant Grove vs. Arkadelphia, 6 p.m.
– 3/2 – Pleasant Grove vs. Ashdown, 6 p.m.
High School Track & Field
– 3/1 – Paul Parr Relays, Liberty-Eylau High School, 12 p.m.
High School Soccer
– 2/26 – Texarkana ISD (Girls) vs. Greenville, 5:30 p.m.
– 3/1 – Texarkana ISD (Boys) vs. Mt. Pleasant, 4:00 p.m.
9. Saturday, March 2
Spirituality and Religion Discussion Group
11 a.m., Texarkana Public Library
10. Thursday, Feb. 28
Grandchildren & Your Legacy – What are Your Rights and How to Protect Them
8:30-10 a.m., Trinity Baptist Church, 3115 Trinity Blvd, Texarkana, AR